On September 6th 2009 Matt and I tried our hand at a Marathon. With the intention of racing in the LA Marathon in March of 2010, we set out to see what a half Marathon (13.1 miles) would be like. A few friends of ours (The Johnsons and Shannon Hall) were running in the Disney Half Marathon and with around 8 weeks to train we decide to jump in feet first. It was a good run for each of us. Matt came in with at time of 2:14 and I came in under my goal time of 2:45 with 2:43. Earlier in Training I ended up straining a muscle and was leery about the intensity of the workouts. So I scaled them back the two weeks before the race and went into Physical therapy following the race. I was just as grateful to be my original time while being “injured.” I only just now started back at the gym, and we're hoping to get to training soon for the LA Marathon!
No comments:
Post a Comment