So after 5 years of marriage we decided to tandem jump out of a plane! Matt had wanted to do this a while back and while we were talking about it, Johnny said he did too. I on the other hand, was not so excited about the idea. They nearly set up a time 5 years ago to do it, but for different reasons it didn’t happen. Over time and a bunch of conversations about it, the idea of joining them gradually grew on me. We decided this might be a great way to celebrate our anniversary. He put me in charge of organizing and researching since I was the hesitant one. So after looking over many different drop sites we decided on Sky Dive Santa Barbara. We waited till the weekend following our anniversary and set out at 6:45 am on Sunday morning to fulfill a few dreams.
Since I knew I would never do this again, I decided getting proof by way of video and photographs, was a necessity. The guys on the other hand knew they’d be back so they opted against it. There was an additional photographer on hand whose prices were reasonable, so we got of few landing photos of the guys!
Originally my jump was supposed to be from 10,300ft but for some reason the pilot decided 13,000ft worked better for him. :) The guys being way more adventurous, opted for the highest possible US jump height of 18,000ft. It was so high up they needed to use oxygen masks before the jump! All in all a great experience and surprisingly, I wouldn’t be opposed to doing it again. Thanks Matt and Johnny for the wonderful experience! That’s one more adventure with you Baby, that I get to check off my bucket list!
No comments:
Post a Comment