Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Baby Journal... A few entries


1/2/11


Hi Baby,


Had a sneaking suspicion you would be joining us soon! The last few days I’ve had weird feelings in my tummy. I didn’t tell your daddy I was feeling that way, cause I wanted to surprise him when I officially took the test. I was going to take the test yesterday but forgot to do it when I woke up, so I had to wait until today. I set the two (just to make sure) pregnancy tests that said “yes,” on the bathroom counter and wrote HAPPY NEW YEAR DADDY on the mirror above them. I even got a good photo with Sheldon in it. When your Daddy got home from the gym I took a photo of him when he walked into the bathroom, so you could see how happy he was, knowing you were on your way! He’s nervous about being a good Daddy to you, but after watching him with all of our nieces and nephews, I know he’s going to do a wonderful job! And I know you two will have a very special, solid and deep relationship! We also told your Grandma Coralee, and your Grandpa Ron and Grandma Jo about you today. Grandma Coralee was so giddy as we talked to her she is so excited to meet you! And Grandpa sounded like tears were in his future as he too is very excited to hold you in his arms. He and your Daddy are sensitive men and are good at letting their emotions out on really happy days like today! That’s one reason I love your Daddy so very much. We called Aunt Lindsay and told her about you and she’s excited that your cousins Bailey and Hayden will get to play with you soon. Daddy called Uncle Jason to tell him about you and he’s excited too. I called Grammi and let her know that our trying to make you, worked! She was very excited. But I told her not to tell the other family cause we were going to do that, in the evening. The whole family was getting together to take the Rees Family photo. We also let Auntie Shashi know cause, she’s having a baby too! So your cousin will be just a few months older then you. We took our Rees family Photo that night, so you sort of made the 2011 photo, even though you’re smaller than a pea right now and Mommy’s tummy looks the same as it usually does. After the photo Daddy and Mommy called everybody into Grammi and Papas living room and let them know we were going to have you. Everybody was so excited and your cousin Timmy asked if I was really pregnant cause my tummy wasn’t big yet. We are both looking forward to meeting you Baby and I keep joking with Daddy that there are two of you… just in case there are. He’s overwhelmed at the thought of having one but I know He’s cleaver enough to handle the two of you! Either way you or both of you will be lavished with love!


Our first Family Photo with you... except that your tiny and really can't be seen.




1/14/11


Hi Baby,


Last night Mommy was Crazy, little one! Not really but you growing and developing in me causes my hormones to go nuts-O. At least Daddy thought so last night and wanted to share the experience with all off our friends on facebook. Only problem is that we’re trying to wait to let the world know you’re here. People always suggest that Moms and Dads wait a few months before they tell everyone. That way you’ve got time to cook nice and healthy like in my belly and we give a doctor the chance to tell us you’re doing great in there. Anyway back to crazy mom. Like I told you already I’ve been really hungry all the time since you started making your home in me. And on top of it I’m really emotional and weird. Well Daddy came home from work last night and Mommy had gone running with her friend Raelynn. When I got back I didn’t eat much food and really didn’t eat anything that would make you grow big and strong. Mostly just chips and ice cream kind of foods. Daddy and I go shopping for groceries every two weeks and we were nearing a shopping weekend. So even though we had food in the cupboard and fridge, it wasn’t much and took lots of work to make. So when Daddy got home Mommy was hungry! Now, before you came along Daddy often laughed at how crazy I would get when I haven’t eaten, slept, or if I was cold. I’m kind of like a baby that way and I’m still learning how to take care of myself before I reach the coo-koo stage. So this whole crazy Mommy thing was really nothing new, I guess it’s just got enhanced to King Kong like proportions. Anyway Crazy mommy was talking in circles all night, not making much sense and giving Daddy quite the comedy hour. He made a bunch of suggestions on foods I could make for myself… and you. But nothing sounded good at all and it continually made me more and more frustrated. Plus we had Seaweed chips in the cupboard that I wanted to eat really badly, and didn’t have the ok yet, as being good for you too. Finally Daddy suggested his last piece of Cheddar cheese, he had saved in the fridge for his own snack. The thought of the nummy cheese filled my tummy and knowing we had some of his snack crackers to go with it made me calm down almost immediately. Not only did that little snack hit the spot and made it easy for me to get some shut-eye. But I felt really loved by your Daddy as he sacrificed his own stomach and taste-buds to help get me out of crazy town! Daddy’s going to have a lot to deal with, as we get our home ready for you. I want you to know that he shows his love by way of actions a lot. These will be some of the way’s Daddy loves you even before he gets to have you in his arms. He’s loving me in some big ways right now and the overflow of that love is pouring out on to you.





1/18/11


Hi Baby,


This morning Daddy read the letters I wrote to you and liked them. He wants me to start posting them on our Blog, so we can share with the family our thoughts and feelings about you. I’m still planning on keeping these as entries in a journal for you. Daddy has blessed me with a journal of his own, that let me know what he was thinking and feeling about me when we were dating. And it’s one of my most treasured gifts from him. I hope my thoughts will let you know how very loved and intended you are. I’m praying for your little body today. I’m praying that the Oatmeal with honey, Decaffeinated Green tea, Chili Potato, Apples, Carrots, Cups of Milk, String cheese, LOTS of water, Ham & Cheese sandwich with Avocado salsa, Almonds, and prenatal pills help you grow the best you can. My appetite has continued so, woo hoo. I’ve still been getting queasy at different points during the day, but eating has tended to be the solution to get rid of it. I’m feeling really tired at work every day and am trying to fit a mini nap into the mix. But it’s been too hot for me to sleep in my car like I usually do. That’s strange since its January, and it’s 85-90 degrees outside in Westlake Village where I work.





1/21/11

Hi Baby,

Whew, busy week baby! I’ve been swamped at work this week as my boss has been getting ready to go out of town next week. I’ve been his assistant for the last 5 and a half years now. The end of the month is what I call my crazy time around here. All the bills ect. that I process are due and I usually only get them a week or two before. Anyway it’s just been busy. I just realized while I was reviewing bills with him, that I was taking the 31st off of work so I could see the Dr. about you. Normally I never take time off during the last week of the month but I guess I was just so excited to find out new info about you. It didn’t even cross my mind what worked for my work. I guess that just shows how excited I am about you! Daddy and I are going to Altadena tonight to go visit Cory and Tera to see their new house and we’re going to let them know about you! Yah! Thanks for not causing me too many problems Baby! I know you don’t really have control over that stuff. But up to this point I’ve just had to say no to some food choices and wait out a handful of nausea spells. I hope it keeps up like this!

I hope I can be this to you like my Mom is to me! I know your grandparents already all feel like you’re a little crown to celebrate!

Proverbs 17:6Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.


Wish I could do this every once in a while!



1/31/11


Hi Baby,


So all looks good! And it turns out there is only one of you to love! We saw the Doctor today and got to see a photo of you. I have to be honest, you’re not very cute yet! You’re about the size of kidney bean and your arms and legs are just now growing in. So you kind of look like you’ve got webbed arms and legs. Kind of funny right? Anyway turns out your Doctor (Dr. Murphy) grew up in the same part of Ohio that your Daddy grew up in. They even graduated from the same university! So while Mom was totally uncomfortable up on the table, stirrups and all, during the exam. Your Daddy and the Dr. chatted away about all their favorite haunts. It was very nice to hear that all is looking good. And it was nice getting everything (ultrasound, dr. appointment, and blood work) done in one place. The Doctor gave us a due date of September 12th, so we’ll see when you decided to join us! A couple days later and you’ll join us on Uncle Johnny’s birthday. I think your cousin Katie’s birthday is the same week too!



The Logo for the University your Daddy went to.

Don't even get him started about their new Redhawk name.






3/9/11

Hi Baby,

I had a good time with Daddy last night catching up on together time and watching our shows together. Our schedules have been filling up a lot lately so having down time to be hermits together is always nice and welcomed. Daddy and I have found that after we’ve been out and about a lot, we need some down time to recharge our energy. I used to overload my schedule before I married your Daddy and he’s helped me learn how to say no to it, so that I can be more balanced in life. It’s turned out to be very helpful and has helped me get a better handle on life. I hope we can help you see the value of a balanced life as well. Some people get recharged being around other people too and if that’s how it works for you I hope we can challenge you to stretch yourself by regularly practicing down/alone time too. I’m thinking about you a lot little one and am excited to meet you!


Some of our TV shows we watch together









3/21/11

Hi Baby,

I was so proud of your Daddy this weekend he participated in Pasadena’s Mini Triathlon with our friend Patrick McNeely. He was hoping to be a little faster in his time but he did a great job and shaved off 9 minutes from his first time attempt two years ago. His ultimate goal is to compete in an Ironman. And it seems you’ll be around when he does it. He’s hoping to compete in an Half Ironman this year and will hopefully be able to compete in a full length one next year some time. You may not have the chance to remember him doing it but we’ll have lots of photos to remember it by. And who knows he may just keep competing in them. Anyway you’re being born into a family that likes to stay fit and likes the challenge that these athons bring. No worries if it’s not your thing. I’ll do what I can to help you enjoy a wide variety of nutritious foods and we’ll probably want you to test your own skills physically. I will encourage you to meet a challenge from start to finish. But I’m not one to force you to be or to do something just because it’s my dream for you. We’ll hopefully coach you enough to help you make your own decisions, live out your own passions, and face your own fears. It isn’t up to me to make you a great person it will be up to you to choose to be one. My expectations aren’t outrageous for you but I will impart everything I can into you. I had a good childhood and I have enjoyed my life thus far, challenges and all. I’ll try not to protect you from all challenging situations that come your way. But I will ALWAYS be someone you can come to when you are in a jam. I may not always be able to help you out but I will support you as best as I can. You will forever be loved and if your choices require me to step back from financial or emotional support, know that my spiritual support will always be active and well. You won’t go a day of your life without me bringing a prayer before God asking that your needs are met. I love you little one and look forward to holding you. One trimester down two more to go!


Daddy and Pat just after the Triathon




4/5/11


Hi Baby,


We saw the doctor last night and got to hear your heart beat again. That’s always so reassuring. We set up our appointment for the ultrasound to find out

if you’re a boy or a girl.

Next Tuesday the 12th! We’re so excited to find out!



No comments: